Holiday Dreaming

Posted on

As my holiday wish list seems to get bigger and bigger, my already tight budget seems to feel increasingly smaller.

So, this post is a reflection of those covetable items that will likely not make it into my December budget breakdown. In case you needed a warning, this is not my typical budget-friendly post! I’ll be dreaming about these items until they are delivered by Santa (not holding my breath), received as Christmas gifts (yeah, right), or until a Christmas miracle marks them down to within my budget (doubtful). There may be a couple of items within my reach once my budget challenge is over…in January 2014! I’m just a little excited about that.

At the top of my wishlist: the feather skirt! Depending on where you work and how your company celebrates, this would be the perfect statement for the office holiday party. At least, it would be MY perfect statement. It’s fun, it’s flirty, it’s sexy, it’s unique! Paired with a simple top (I’m thinking basic sweater or even a button down) plus a statement necklace–you are sure to “wow” the crowd (if you care about “wow”-ing anyone).

Sabine Feather Skirt – Piperlime // Ombre Feathered Fringe Skirt – Ann Taylor // Milly Feather-Skirt Strapless Dress

The party animal inside of me (that only gets released on rare occasions) opts for something a little more daring. I have my eye on (and my eyes are the only thing that will probably ever get close to these items) a little leather and sparkle!

Lena Leather Dress – Marc by Marc Jacobs // Bowery Asymmetrical Leather Skirt – Rachel Zoe // Sequin Mosaic Mini – Pim + Larkin

I’m also dreaming about fancy feet (and knees and thighs)! I’m talking about uber haute over the knee boots. I love the Michael Kors ones featured below because the heel doesn’t look too “Pretty Woman” if you catch my drift. But, for the SALE price of $900 that just ain’t happening. I have seen plenty of people on Instagram sporting reasonably priced OTKs from Forever 21.  I have been debating blowing half of my budget on some affordable (i.e. cheapy) OTKs, but can’t bring myself to take the plunge. I am typically a boot snob who opts for leather only, but I would be willing to compromise for OTKs because they are more of a trend piece for me.

Jayla High Heel OTK – Michael Kors // Forever 21 boot sold out on Black Friday similar here // South Bay OTK – Chinese Laundry

And I can’t forget the bling. I admit, my jewelry options are limited compared to real fashionistas out there. But I’m slowly building up my stash…and being very selective as I do so. My purchases HAVE to be on super sale! Costume jewelry can still cost a pretty penny and the price tags are tough for me to swallow. $100 for a fake necklace?! I don’t care how worthy your “statement” is…it’s not going to make a statement with my bank account. But, here in in la la land, I can dream.

Rhinestone Mesh Necklace – Sabine // Regalia Statement Necklace – Banana Republic // Zora Crystal Necklace – Stella and Dot

If any of these items happen to make their way in my closet, I’ll be sure to let you know which Christmas miracle I experienced! Have a happy holiday!!

By Budding Fashionista

Advertisements

10 thoughts on “Holiday Dreaming

OTKs are a TKO « budding fashionista said:
    December 1, 2014 at 1:34 pm

[…] gritty. Over the knee boots!!! I blogged about my obsession for them briefly last season (in my holiday wish list post). Since then, I’ve purchased numerous pairs. Returned numerous pairs. Dreamed about them. […]

Fall’s Most Wanted « budding fashionista said:
    July 23, 2014 at 12:27 pm

[…] Over-the-knee boots – Step out with ferocity in these. I obsessed over these last fall and they are still blazing this fall! Don’t be afraid of looking like Pretty Woman. […]

sequin covered dress said:
    December 18, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Wow that was odd. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear.

Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again.
    Regardless, just wanted to say great blog!

Fashion Tag (Dana Cristina) said:
    December 3, 2013 at 11:21 am

omg, we’re totally on the same page with all these! it’s like you read my mind. 1st of all I love all these pieces and 2nd i want them all! so, like yours, my list just got longer and longer. Fantastic post! xoxoxo

Baby T Fashion Diaries said:
    November 29, 2013 at 5:27 pm

oh lawd. I need those forever 21 boots!. look out boots im coming for you!

Budding Fashionista responded:
      November 30, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Girl, I know!! They were all sold out online bc they had 50% off boots on Black Friday. I didn’t have time to go to the store. Maybe I’ll have better luck later!

Daily Express said:
    November 29, 2013 at 3:48 pm

A feather skirt would be so fun to wear! $98 for the one from Piperlime is actually not that bad. Although I don’t need a feather skirt anyway so I think my wallet’s safe this time. 🙂 OTK boots, on the other hand, are calling my name! Good luck with your budgeting- I’m really enjoying following you and seeing how you do. 🙂

On the Daily Express

Budding Fashionista responded:
      November 29, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Thanks so much for following!! This has really helped me hold myself accountable to my spending. Between you, me and anyone who reads this–I found a way to get the skirt (for a steal if you ask me!) I will share details in an upcoming post!! Thanks again for reading and I’m so glad you enjoy it!! Your feedback is priceless!!