Are you tired of hearing about my no shopping challenge yet? Well, it’s almost over! I get to start shopping in about a week! I’m so excited, I could do the dance of joy… you know, like Balki and Larry from “Perfect Strangers.”
Please tell me I’m not the only one old enough to remember that sitcom.
Anyway, as you can imagine, I’ve spent the past few months just daydreaming about new additions I want to make to my closet! I’ve had several people ask me what I want to buy when I start shopping again. Well, here are some of the images dancing in my head.
1. Denim Cut offs/shorts, preferably distressed: I toyed with the idea of following Lauren Conrad’s tutorial for DIY Cut Off Shorts, but honestly, I didn’t want to risk ruining my only pair of old Levi’s! Plus, all of my jeans have some sort of spandex and the tutorial recommends stretch-free jeans. So, I’ll either head to a local thrift store and attempt a DIY or see if I can snag a super cheap pair at a cheapy store.
These from H&M are exactly what I want, even though they are cuffed and not raw-edged, I love the looser fit and distressing, of course. But, whatever I get, will definitely be less than the $24.95 for these below. I just can’t see myself paying more than $10 for a pair of raggedy old shorts…even if they are new!
2. Booties: to wear with the cutoffs (duh!) and my $6 kimoni I got from Forever 21 last year. I also hope to pair them with a romper I have. This is all very boho chic–which isn’t necessarily my style, but I like to dabble in other trends outside of my comfort zone, so I’m excited to branch out a little with this one. I want my ankle boot to transition to fall, so I fell in love with this unique pair from H&M marked down from $69.99 to $35.
3. Soft/drapey/loose/harem pant: call them what you want. I call them the most comfortable things EVER! It’s the only time you can probably get away with wearing an elastic waistband without being a card-carrying member of the AARP. Who doesn’t want to wear something that feels like pj’s while at work? I hope this trend lives on FOREVER!! I have a pair of black/white printed ones already. So, I’d like some in a color next–kind of like these, also from H&M, for $24.95.
4. Jumpsuit: I’ve mentioned in a previous post this is one of the things I want to add to my wardrobe. The challenge will be finding a long, wide leg, work-appropriate version that will be within my budget. I did come across a website for tall women, called Alloy Apparel and Accessories, where I found the jumpsuit below, but the $50 price tag is a little more than I want to pay right now. I may cave though depending on how bad I want it!
5. Midi-skirt: honestly, I’m not even sure how this would look on me. I have yet to try one on! But it’s so freaking popular right now, I feel like I need it in my closet. I have taken a maxi skirt, hiked it up to my chest and created a faux midi. I think it could grow on me. I will always love a classic pencil skirt, but I’m willing to experiment, especially for a skirt like the one below. I love the color, plus it has pockets! Gimme!!
6. Bling: I could always use more of it! Since becoming an avid Instagram-er, I have discovered how much of a difference accessories can make to an outfit. I love all of the colors in this beaded necklace from H&M. It wouldn’t hurt to add some new statement earrings and stackable bracelets to my jewelry armoire as well.
I have my eye on so many other things, but this list should tide me over for now. I’m sure I will come across an eyeful once I finally venture into stores that don’t include a “T” after the size or bears on the logos!
Can’t wait to share my new shopping adventures with you!!
Thanks for reading!