Batting A Thousand

Posted on Updated on

I was not blessed with naturally full, long lashes. Skimpy and short–that’s a more accurate description! They are virtually invisible if I don’t use mascara (which I rarely use because I’m pretty low maintenance).

Plus, make-up is just not my forte. It’s not my passion. It’s something I dabble in on three occassions: a date, a special event, or if I know my picture will be taken (why do you think all of my OOTDs on Istagram are almost all headless?!).

But there are a few make-up techniques and products I’m curious about. One thing I have been DYING to try is Younique’s Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes.

It retails for $29, but a lovely Instagram follower offered me a complimentary set to do this review. I jumped with excitement at the chance! I have heard it absolutely transforms your lashes.

To give you an idea of what we’re working with here, let’s (begrudgingly) start with a fresh-faced picture with no make-up. Yup. Here I am vulnerable to the world! (Side note: please try not to let my crazy brows distract you too much. They have always been a trouble area for me!)

NATURAL

Now, here’s what I look like with the mascara I currently have in my make-up bag. It’s Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara. I only have this because it was included in a gift set I purchased while buying my powder. It’s just ok. I doubt I will ever buy it again. Retails about $18.

MASCARA

And….the moment we have all been waiting for!!!

3D

This was my first time using this product. A complete novice. It’s relatively easy, although I was nervous I’d find a way to screw up the application process. I read the simple, 3-step directions like 10 times just to make sure I didn’t mess up.

Each step is like putting on regular mascara with the included products: transplanting gel and the fibers.

1. Apply the Transplanting Gel.

2. While gel is still wet, apply the Natural Fibers.

3. Reapply the Transplanting Gel to seal in the fibers.

So, here are my thoughts.

Pros:

My lashes were super long! You can see for yourself, the difference is pretty obvious. I could not believe how long my lashes looked! Never in my life have I had this look without gluing falsies to my eyelids.

It has staying power! I actually went to the gym and took a Step aerobics class (hard core sweating!) later in the day and it did not smudge or streak! I was impressed!

It washed off so easily! Since it stay put so well at the gym, I just knew I would walk out of the shower looking like Lauren Conrad after she broke up with Heidi on “The Hills.” But, no! I didn’t see any traces of it when I got out of the shower (using my basic Clearasil face wash). I was AH-MAZED!

Cons:

They weren’t as full as I hoped. I think I set the bar so high, I was expecting more lusciousness. But again, compared to what we were working with initially, they are considerably thicker.

They look a bit clumpy. I think it’s because I didn’t use a lash comb. I am pretty certain that would have alleviated some of the clumping had I combed through it during the application process. They do sell a lash comb, which I’m sure is amazing, but I can’t see myself spending $20 for it.

Flakiness actually wasn’t an issue for me, but I feel compelled to mention some other people have complained about it. I was directed to use a thick coat of the gel to seal everything in and it worked for me!

So, would I actually spend $30 on this product? It is highly likely. I want to play with it some more and see how it looks with full eye make-up. I think it would be amazing for a night out, dates, events…basically all of the times I typically wear make-up. Because I’m not a big make-up wearer, it’s a little much for everyday wear for me. But next time I get gussied up, I’ll post a pic to my Budding Fashionista Facebook page to show you how it can all come together, so make sure you follow me there for another update! I’m excited to try it again!

What are your thoughts?!! I’d love your feedback!

If you’re interested in giving it a try, please visit Mya’s Younique Link to place your order!

Advertisements

20 thoughts on “Batting A Thousand

Taylor said:
    March 9, 2015 at 12:52 am

I’ve always been way too scared to try false lashes because I feel like I would put them on wrong & look like a clown but this sounds way easier!

Liked by 2 people

Budding Fashionista responded:
      March 10, 2015 at 6:18 am

i’ve tried false lashes before and (i may have tried the wrong style) but they aren’t for me. they’re just uncomfortable! these are a great alternative!

Amanda said:
    March 6, 2015 at 8:49 pm

I have never tried this but have heard so much about it! Thanks for sharing it with us!!! xoxo

A LA PLAGE said:
    March 6, 2015 at 4:11 am

Wow, what a difference. I totally want to try it!

Brenda

Adaleta said:
    March 6, 2015 at 3:56 am

I’ve heard really great things about this product so I’m curious to try it but I don’t think I would go out of my way to get my hands on it! xx, Ada

kcurrierlewis said:
    March 5, 2015 at 1:05 pm

I am not a fan of the Youniqu lashes. I think they look fake and clumpy. I’ve also heard really bad things about what happens to your lashes when you continue to use this so often! I prefer to either use fake lashes (individuals) when I have something nice to go to or I get eyelash extensions!

Liked by 1 person

tohellinahandbag said:
    March 5, 2015 at 6:44 am

Wow! Those lashes are amazing!

Elena Michelle said:
    March 4, 2015 at 9:44 pm

A makeup artist used this on me, and I have never been able to find it!! Need to scoop some up.

xoxo, Elena Michelle

Stacy said:
    March 4, 2015 at 2:18 pm

Thanks for the pros and cons! I haven’t tried this yet but have been wanting too.

Victoria Galindo said:
    March 3, 2015 at 10:45 pm

YES! I love Younique Moodstruck Mascara! I need to get more…your eyes look amazing!
    xx
    Victoria

essentjewels said:
    February 2, 2015 at 5:27 pm

Wow, your eyes are ally popping!!

dana cristina said:
    January 28, 2015 at 5:52 pm

wow, the effect is amazing! i think it’s really hard to see/capture natural lashes in photos (wearing mascara or not), so this new product you’re using is definitely wow. super visible and glam! u look beautiful! kisses xoxo

Liked by 1 person

Budding Fashionista responded:
      January 28, 2015 at 6:29 pm

thank you so much! Yeah, I probably should’ve tried to get a closer shot of my lashes, but being my photographer, it was hard to get a good shot in focus. But I’m glad you could tell there was a significant difference!

Islara said:
    January 28, 2015 at 4:40 pm

Hmm…so it mascara or false lashes? I have a big work event next weekend so I’m going to try out some false lashes for the first time. If I can handle them, I’ll probably get them for my wedding.

Liked by 1 person

Budding Fashionista responded:
      January 28, 2015 at 5:06 pm

Islara, sorry if I wasn’t clear, I meant to include pictures of the product! It’s two tubes which look like mascara and are applied like mascara but the actual “ingredients” work differently. Hope that helps!!

Budding Fashionista responded:
      January 28, 2015 at 6:31 pm

not sure if you’ll get this, but I updated the post to include what the product looks like!

stellarfashionandfitness said:
    January 28, 2015 at 2:41 pm

I may have to try these! I have tried to put on false lashes myself and it was OK, but not nearly as good as when a professional put them on. I wore them for my sister’s wedding, my wedding and my sister’s bachelorette party—that was the true test because we danced all night and it was HOT!! So if these stay on during step aerobics, that’s saying something! Thanks for your review!

Liked by 1 person