It’s that time of year again–Shop Save and Share coupon time! I’ve blogged about this for the past two years because it’s a great opportunity to save money while helping a worthy cause.
The Junior League of Birmingham is behind this awesome deal. Because of it, they’ve been able to put $475,000 back into community programs like Meals on Wheels and support for moms at UABs NICU.
Here is the deal: purchase a coupon book for $40 and save 20% at hundreds of restaurants and retailers in Birmingham. The coupon is good from October 19th through October 30th.
It’s the perfect time to get pampered at a local salon, try new places to eat or get that long-coveted item that rarely goes on sale!
To buy a coupon book and see a list of participating businesses, click here.
Because I love you all so much and because the Junior Leage of Birmingham is so generous, we’re giving you a chance to win a free coupon book! Just leave a comment with your name and email address below! This is a quick giveaway, so the winner will be chosen and announced in 24 hours!
Good luck and, as always, thanks for reading!!
**this giveaway is now closed**
Market Noel features more than 100 vendors from all across the country. That’s right–100 vendors in one place! You can find something for almost everyone on your Christmas list and have it all done before the Black Friday rush!
Here’s the general admission shopping schedule:
- Thursday, November 19 – 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, November 20 – 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m
- Saturday, November 21 – 9:00 am to 5:00 p.m.
Tickets are $12/day or $24/all days.
Or…you can go for FREE!
The Junior League of Birmingham is sharing two tickets to give to two readers! Just leave a comment below and let me know if you’re a Christmas shopping planner or procrastinator! I’ll pick a random winner at 7p.m. November 18.
There are also other fun events going on besides shopping. For more details on a Girls’ Night Out and Fashion Show, click here.
Market Noel will be held at the Cahaba Grand Conference Center in Birmingham. All proceeds will benefit the 34 community projects of the Junior League of Birmingham.
Good Luck with all of your holiday shopping!! And as always, thanks for reading!
How many pairs of jeans do you own? I have about a dozen that I actually wear, plus there’s the one-day-I’ll-get-back-into-those jeans (don’t act like you don’t have any!) Do I need that many? Of course not, but when sales call, I must answer! When it comes down to it, I think there are less than a handful of “must-have” denim that every woman should own. I’ve highlighted different ways to style them with inspiration from some amazingly stylish bloggers (with links) below!
1. Boot fit: super versatile. slimming and leg lengthening. Who doesn’t want their legs to look a mile long?! Be careful with the length here! Make sure they’re practically skimming the floor if you want that leg-lengthening effect. Otherwise, your leg just gets cut off in a weird, unflattering place. Plus, I love the way they look with a pointy-toe shoe peeking out of the bottom. A darker rinse is best in this style, in my opinion–a lot easier to dress up.
2. Skinny– You don’t have to be a stick to pull off the skinnies. Some of my curvy friends have questioned if they can wear them. Of course you can! Most brands carry skinnies designed specifically for curvy women (just google skinny jeans for curvy for a plethora of other options) . Plus, it’s all about balance/proportion, no matter what your figure. If you have tight jeans, avoid a skin tight top with stilettos. Throw on a blazer over your fitted top and you have instant balance. Or a chunky knit. Or wear a heavier shoe. Bam! You’re done. Again, for the rinse, the darker the better for a cleaner, more sophisticated ensemble.
3. Distressed-They are so popular right now, every woman should have a go-to pair for a chic, yet relaxed weekend look! I seriously have to restrain myself from wearing mine every weekend. Some women have said, “I’m too old for the distressed look.” But distressed doesn’t have to mean ripped to shreds with giant holes–even a little bit of shredding that doesn’t reveal any skin is appropriate for women of all ages. Find finishes that you’re comfortable with. As for the rinse, I gravitate toward lighter, but pair with a comfy heel to give it that touch of sophistication!
4. Fun pair-colored or printed. It’s nice to have a pair that can liven up your look! It keeps things fresh and fun! Trust me, you will have a TON of options with a fun pair. Colored denim will give you great chances to play with color-blocking (one of my absolute fave style crutches). Patterns will give you a chance to mix different prints and, again, play with other colors.
My favorite style to wear in the fall/winter is, hands down, the skinny! I love wearing them tucked into boots or rolled up to show off ankle boots. That’s what I got at a recent Denim Dinner for bloggers at a new boutique in the area called Fab’rik (they have select stores nationwide). We noshed, socialized and tried on jeans! They gifted us a pair, so I am still on cloud nine about that. I took home a pair of skinny grey Hudson jeans since I already have a dark pair (side note: the back flap pockets in the dark rinse below are AMAZING if you’re trying to pump up the volume back there…like me!). Gotta branch out! Plus, grey is super hot this season.
I’m also sharing the love with you!! Fab’rik was generous enough to offer a pair of jeans for a giveaway! One faithful follower will choose one pair of premium denim (eligible brands, up to $100 value: Flying Monkey, Spanx or Fab’rik). If you don’t live in the area, I can work on getting you the right size and I’ll send them your way. U.S. shipping only. Rules for entering are super simple!
1. Follow my blog by clicking on the “follow” tab/link (if you’re already following, thank you! just skip to #2)
2. Comment below saying you’re following and share which denim style is your favorite!
***Bonus Entry Options***
–comment below that you’re following
The giveaway ends Friday, October 10th at midnight CST. Winner will be chosen at random and notified no later than Monday, October 13th. Good luck!!